- Normal evaporation can be as much as 1” per week. The bucket test determines if your pool is leaking, and it is very simple to perform:
- Fill a bucket with pool water to about 1” from the top.
- Place the bucket on the first step in the shallow end of the pool.
- Using a marker, mark the water level on the inside of the bucket.
- Mark the level of the pool water on the outside of the bucket.
- Wait 24 hours.
- Compare the water loss on the inside of the bucket with the loss on the outside.
- If you see a greater loss on the outside of the bucket than on the inside, the pool has a leak. If the loss is equal or undetectable, then it can be attributed to evaporation.
Contact us if you want us to do this test for you!
Contact us if you find your pool has a leak, we can do a Leak Detection for you.
Leave A Comment